Handling Personal Information
We respect and are committed to protecting your privacy. The Privacy Notice below lets you know how the personally identifying information (“personal information”) you provide us with when applying to the Haemophilia Academy is processed and used.
Haemophilia Academy Privacy Notice
Collection, Use and Disclosure of Personal Information
By applying to the Haemophilia Academy, you choose to provide personal data including your name, e-mail address, telephone number and curriculum vitae to us as part of the application process, submitted to the Secretariat at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Haemophilia Academy will only use your personal details for the purposes of managing the Haemophilia Academy. This includes sharing applications with the Haemophilia Academy Faculty for their review, scoring and selection; sharing names and contact details with Novo Nordisk and affiliates (where applicable) in order to provide support for travel and accommodation to the training; retaining applicant details to cross check for repeat applicants; retaining alumni details to keep in touch and inform about future events/activities.
Haemophilia Academy will not sell, share or rent your personal information to others except with your consent; when we need to share the information to provide a service, you have requested; or to enable a third party to provide services to us and then only to provide those services. We also will disclose personal information to enforce our rights, to prevent fraud or when required by law, judicial process or other legal order to do so.
Where is information held?
Data will be stored in a range of different places, including our secure server, a secure section of the Haemophilia Academy website and via email.
Haemophilia Academy will store personal data for 15 years for the purposes of retaining applicant details to cross check for repeat applicants and informing Haemophilia Academy alumni about future events/activities.
You will receive email correspondence from us regarding Haemophilia Academy updates and related information for the training course as well as future alumni events.
A cookie is a piece of data stored on your hard drive. Our cookies contain no personal information about you. Among other things, cookies help keep track of data you have entered during the session for your convenience. Click here for a list of cookies used by our website.
The Haemophilia Academy website may include links to other sites, not owned or managed by us. We cannot be held responsible for the privacy of information collected by websites not managed by us.
Accessing and Updating Your Personal Information
You can ask us what information we hold about you by contacting us on email@example.com. Please keep your information up-to-date by letting us know of any changes.
As a data subject, you have a number of rights. At any point while we are in possession of or processing your personal data, you, the data subject, have the following rights:
- Right of access – you have the right to request a copy of the information that we hold about you.
- Right of rectification – you have a right to correct data that we hold about you that is inaccurate or incomplete.
- Right to be forgotten – in certain circumstances you can ask for the data we hold about you to be erased from our records.
- Right to restriction of processing – where certain conditions apply to have a right to restrict the processing.
- Right of portability – you have the right to have the data we hold about you transferred to another organisation.
- Right to object – you have the right to object to certain types of processing such as direct marketing.
- Right to object to automated processing, including profiling – you also have the right to be subject to the legal effects of automated processing or profiling.
- Right to judicial review: in the event that Haemophilia Academy refuses your request under rights of access, we will provide you with a reason as to why. You have the right to complain
If you would like to exercise any of these rights, please contact the Haemophilia Academy Secretariat at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you believe that the organisation has not complied with your data protection rights, you can complain to the Information Commissioner.
We maintain physical, electronic and procedural safeguards intended to protect against loss, misuse or unauthorized access to your personal information. Except as otherwise stated in this Privacy Notice, we restrict access to your personal information to those employees and contractors who reasonably need to come into contact with that information to provide information to you, and they may use it only for that purpose.
Changes to this Privacy Notice
We may change our Privacy Notice from time to time so please check back periodically on the Haemophilia Academy website. This Privacy Notice was last updated in January 2019.
If you have any questions about this Privacy Notice please contact the Haemophilia Academy Secretariat at: email@example.com